The educational center 'Hokuk‘s Fortress" deals with developing innovative programs on topics such as values, activities with young people and artistic activities.
At the present time a large part of our activity centers on the distribution oi this program. dedicated to the by one self
learning of the Hebrew language.
The peculiarity of this program is that it is possible to study from the first letter of the ABC up to achieving a good mastery of reading. speech and grammar.
The system of the educational center Hokuk's Fortress” expresses itself in the utilization of didactic means adapted to
enable to learn the language and to shorten the time of learning.
The experimentation and the exercises in every chapter of study. is developed in the Hokuk's Fortress with the participation of new immigrants.
Hokuk’s fortress was built in the year 1945. The building was constructed using the stone typical of the zone, and it includes bedrooms, a general dining room, a kitchen, showers and two towers.
The building is surrounded by a wall and occupies an area of 1200 square meters.
The development of the establishment, Kibbutz Hokuk, begins in the year 1946 by starting to build on the outside of the fortress, While the fortress would keep on supplying part of the needs of the new establishment (some bedrooms, the laundry, the commune or deposit of clothes, etc.)
Nowadays the fortress has been restored and has been adapted for educational and tourist activity.
The Kibbutz population
At the beginning the place was populated by groups of the "Palmach" (regiments of soldiers - farmers) graduates from the School of Agriculture "Mikveh Israel" and graduates from young Movement "Hanoar Haoved".
Next, there came new immigrants from South American countries, from countries where French is spoken, from Europe and from the North of AfrIca and also groups of natives.
In the last years, as part of the process of absorption called "The First Hearth in the Homeland" approximately 100 families came to the kibbutz and part of these families continued living here.
The population continue to grow after the construction of a new community neighborhood that has 32 parcels, and with the arrival of a group of 29 new families that have the intention of creating a new ecological neighborhood.